foot pain

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

foot pain

Postby suzeeq » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:07 am

I have lymphedema in my leg, wear compression hose during the day, and bandages at night. I bandage from the base of my toes up to the top of my thigh. I am awakened most nights by pain in my foot directly over the bone. I don't usually have too much swelling in my foot so the bone does protrude a little, not abnormally however. I use an entire cellona roll when I wrap my foot, plus a piece of foam padding, then the short stretch bandage. I wrap just enough to secure with a little compression. If it gets any looser, it won't do any good at all. Knowing better but needing a full nights sleep, I only wrapped my leg and not my foot last night. Of course, I awakened with an edematous foot and ankle. I tried doubling the foam padding in two and laying it over just that area, but that didn't work either. I am tired of getting up at 4am to take my bandages off. Any suggestions? Thank, Susan
suzeeq

Postby Seattle Gal » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:19 pm

Susan,

I had a similar problem when I had to wrap my feet. I actually damaged the nerves along the side of my foot by my little toe. My therapist took a piece of foam and made a little hole for that area of my foot to go in so there wasn't any compression on it. It worked wonders. The piece wrapped around my foot at the base of my toes and the "hole" was over that area of my foot. I put it on after putting on the stockinette and after the batting but under the bandages.

Beverly
Seattle Gal

Postby patoco » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:23 pm

Thanks Beverly for the tip :)

Think I would agree with that as I had a similar problem and had the same results when I tried the "hole" around the problem area.

My biggest problem area is between the foot and leg. The crease from the swelling makes it difficult to wrap. A well placed piece of foam there has helped prevent the bandage from slipping into the crease, cutting o circulation.

Best to you both :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

foot pain

Postby suzeeq » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:52 pm

Thanks Beverly and Pat for your replies. I think I actually solved the problem before I received you suggestions. I now wrap most of the roll of Cellona around just that painful area on top of my foot and that so far has worked for the past week. And I still put the foam on top of that, then wrap loosely. Now I have another option with your suggestion if my actions cease to work. Thanks, Susan
suzeeq

Return to Leg Lymphedema