Some good things some bad.

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Some good things some bad.

Postby Cindy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:56 am

The good I went to a lymphedema clinic in Olympia Washington. It was wonderful. I mean the end was really wonderful. I am in a wheel chair so they could only treat my legs from the knees down. But I have ankles real ankles :D and I can wear shoes :lol: All the leaking stopped. and all the infection has stopped :D I still have a lot of pain. But I have found out I have another disease called Lipodema :( I can say I feel some relief to know that I am not to blame for all this ugly body. It is so hard to explain all I feel. I think the hardest thing is I am the only one who knows I have this thing. And I look like a friek. People stare and say mean and rude things. And the worst is the doctors. Enough said about that. I am so thankful for this sight. I can come here and get answers about my condition. Pat if you read this could you tell me if you have tried the new farrows? They are not called farrows but i can't remember what they are called. The farrows hurt me so much. My husband helps me deal with my legs. My lungs are so bad it is hard to bend over and breath. But I must figer out how to do it myself. My husband has Alztimers. I go back to see my theripist in May. She said she will order the new farrow like things for me this time. They are more expensive. So I would like to know if they are worth it ?
Cindy

Re: Some good things some bad.

Postby evelyn » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:37 am

Hi Cindy,

See what Pat and others will say about the farrow wraps. My experience is not positive. I used mine for only about 3 times. I had Circaid, which I was happy with, but had worn out. The Circaid is more manageable, but you still have to do a lot of pulling. You can check the websites for Farrow wraps. I have right leg lymphedema, no pain or leakage, but I found the Farrow unwieldy and heavy. Wish I could pass the Farrow garment to someone else - as it's clean and hardly used.

So sorry about your condition, but bandaging is still best. I also use a low-level laser and taking flavanoid supplements. I have asked this forum about Coumarin - but no one answered.

Take care.
Evelyn
evelyn

Re: Some good things some bad.

Postby Cindy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Hello Evelyn :D I am sorry no one answered your post. I read it but I don't know anything about Coumarin :oops: But I think Pat has something about it here on this web site. Thanks for sharing about your experence with farrow's I have to wear them day and night. :roll: I have never wrapped my legs myself. My husband learned to do it. So when I go back to see my therapist I will ask her to teach me. I sure hope Pat is alright :?: He has always answered questions before. Hope all go's well for you. :D
Cindy

Return to Leg Lymphedema